Tuesday 24 March 2015

Breakfast with Guptaji

       Variety is good. I always love when there is variety in life. Too much of the same thing becomes boring. What is the point of life it it is boring? It's not just about incidents, it is also true about food. I belong to a south Indian family where the major dishes are Dosa, Idli, Upma and Chapati. There are different versions of these but in the end, the fact remains the same - they all taste similar, well, almost similar! How long can one person eat the same thing without getting bored? 

       Recently, I had an argument with my mom about this. I asked her why she wouldn't learn different things. She just got angry and said "You try it on your own if you are that bored or if you have that free time! I do so much for your sake and you don't know to value it! Kids these days have no respect!" Well, that definitely wasn't what I was expecting to hear when I suggested her to try something new. 

       I have even skipped breakfast many times feigning that I was running late. But truth be told, I was just bored of having the same food every morning. My taste buds demanded something different. I would have continued skipping routine but that mad me too hungry to pay attention to the lectures in college. Soon I was lagging behind in academics and I had to get back to eating breakfast reluctantly.

       For me, my friends' tiffin boxes always looks more tastier than my own. I trade my tiffin box with theirs and thus we taste something new everyday. But how long will this go? Even the items on their menu is limited. I was cribbing about this fact when I read about Kellogg's wale Guptaji (Guptaji of Kellogg's) It said his wife knew over a hundred recipes. That too made of corn flakes. Imagining having something new everyday makes my mouth water with hunger! I so wish I could get to visit this person. 

       I bought a pack of Kellog's corn flakes last week and tried some of the recipes. They turned out yummy. And I became an even great fan of Guptaji's family. How lucky they all might be to try something like that everyday. If only I could get an invite from them too! I wouldn't mind having breakfast at their place every morning! It would be such a bliss.

I just saw this video where everyone asks their family members when Mrs Gupta will be inviting them over for breakfast! Well Guptaji, I too have the same question. When will you be inviting me for breakfast? I just can't wait! Please hurry up :D



Watch more videos about Gupta family here.

Until the next post, 
Sudhi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment